Making a donation online is very easy and secure. If you prefer, you can also make a donation offline, by mail or fax.
The maximum contribution is $1,200 per candidate. Remember, individual donations are eligible for municipal contribution rebates from the City of Ottawa.
Corporate or union contributions
Attach a cheque or money order payable to “Tim Tierney Campaign” and mail to:
TIM TIERNEY CAMPAIGN
2198 Hamelin Cres.
The City of Ottawa operates a municipal contribution rebate program allowing individual donors to receive a rebate on their donations to municipal election campaigns.
Individual donors who donate more than $25 are eligible to receive a rebate from the City of Ottawa.
|Individual Donation Amount||Value of Rebate||Your Cost (after rebate)|
|$25 or less||$0||$25.00|
Note: The maximum rebate to an individual shall not exceed $75. Corporations and trade unions are not eligible for the rebate.
Rebate cheques are issued by the City of Ottawa to individual donors who have made an eligible contribution.
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is $25 or less there is no rebate for that contribution.
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is equal to or greater than $25.01 and not more than $100, the rebate is 50% of the total contribution.
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is greater than $100, the rebate is $50 plus 25% of the amount by which the contribution exceeds $100 to a maximum rebate of $75.
- If an individual makes more than one contribution to a candidate, the same criteria apply, using the sum of the contributions to compute the rebate.
- If an individual makes a contribution to more than one candidate, the same criteria apply, using the sum of the contributions to compute the rebate, provided that no single contribution is less than $25.01.